Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The past two weeks...

I can't believe how fast time is flying by! It doesn't seem like it's been a month since my crowning. Again, I want to thank my awesome community for being so supportive! 60 days until Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen! :)
So here's an update:

On the 22nd, Savannah and I headed down to St. Cloud to get our headshots taken by Kelly Beniek and to get a few sister queen shots too. It was so much fun and I'm so happy that we got some queen bonding time :) The pictures turned out amazing, and I'm excited to share them with you as soon I get them!

Then, the following day, Savannah and I participated in Donkey Basketball. The event was put on by the Brainerd FFA, and my good friend, Mari, is Vice President this year. She asked me if Savannah and I would participate. Basically we played a game of basketball on donkeys. Yep... How many queens can say they have done that? I take pride in knowing that we are probably the first! :) By the end of the night I was not only laughing hysterically but I also got to say that I kissed a donkey... on the lips. I guess I had accidentally hit a donkey in the head with a ball and had to get down on my knees and apologize to him and give him a kiss. That's another first for many queens!

Just this past Sunday, I attended the Miss Grand Cities Outstanding Teen pageant in Grand Forks, ND. Although the pageant was held in North Dakota, Miss Grand Cities OT will advance to the Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen pageant. Congrats to Mia Pagnac who is the very first Miss Grand Cities Outstanding Teen! Mia competed at the Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen pageant when I gave my title up, so I was extremely happy for her! Also congrats to Brainerd's own Catie Kleindl, who competed on Sunday as well. So happy and proud for her! Keep up the awesome work!

And to top off my busy 2 weeks, yesterday I officially inducted into the National Honor Society. It's certainly something that I'm extremely proud of! As much fun as it is to be recognized for the volunteer work and academics, at the end of the day recognition really doesn't matter all that much. What matters to me is the impact I've had on someones life and that I made a difference in my community.

Hope you all are battling through this rough winter! (that was sarcasm!)
Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment