Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ice Fishing Extravaganza and Ruby's Pantry!

I can officially call myself a true Minnesotan! Last Saturday, I volunteered with my sister queens Savannah, Miss Baxter Outstanding Teen and Haley, Miss Baxter at the Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza. It was SO incredibly cold, and I probably should have had a few more layers on but regardless it was fun! Thousands of people and hundreds of ice holes later, the $150000 Ice Fishing Extravaganza has been going on for over 20 years now. People from all over the nation come for a day of ice fishing to win from hundreds of prizing ranging from a brand new truck to an ice fishing house!

Savannah, Haley, and I were greeters in the Mr. Heater tent and experienced some quite interesting people. All in all though it was a fun day and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Then Tuesday, I volunteered with Kalli, Miss South Central at Ruby's Pantry at the National Guard Armory in Brainerd. Ruby's Pantry is a Christian based organization that provides foods to all-income families. They recieve over-stock food or 1 day past expiration date food and distribute it at a low price. Kalli and I, along with my director Vicki, volunteered for the day and had so much fun! They do this every second Tuesday of the month and I'm excited to go back.

And the countdown to Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen has officially begun! 44 days! Crazy. I'm taking my fourth and final shot (I'll age out of the Teen portion) at my dream and I want to thank all of those people who continue to support me and love me, even when I'm at my worst.

Hope everyone had an awesome Valentines Day! :)
Bailey
Barb, the organizer of Ruby's Pantry!


No comments:

Post a Comment