Friday, March 23, 2012

My gown showing party.

Last Sunday, I had my send-off and gown showing party. It was incredibly fun, and thank you to everyone that took time out of their day to come and support me!

The send-off started at 2pm and started with me showing my opening number dress, then fitness wear, then talent, then my evening gown, and ended with my interview outfit and the audience asking me questions.

As I write this with ONE WEEK until Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2012, I want to dedicate this blog to those who have helped me over the past four years to get me to this place. This is my final year competing in the Teen pageant (I will be too old next year), I wanted to really thank those people who have truly impacted my life in more ways than one. Yes, it's long... I apologize! However these past four years have been crazy busy and I don't want to leave anyone out!

First and foremost, I want to thank the one person that has TRULY made all of this happen. God. I don't know why he chose to bless me so much these past four years but I am incredibly grateful. Without Him, I am nothing. I'm a filthy sinner, yet he still loves me. I thank this organization for allowing me share my faith and how awesome God is!

Mom and Dad- You two continue to support me and my dreams.. no matter how expensive it may get! :) Thank you for letting me carve my own path instead of insisting I follow yours. You two really are the best parents I could ever ask for!

Vicki and Bill- You two were there from the start. I am so lucky to call you two my directors. The passion and the drive you have for this organization in unmatched. Thank you for helping me grow a tremendous amount these past few months. I feel more ready for the state pageant than I ever have before.

Stacie- Again, thank you! You were instrumental in helping me grow these past few years, and I can't describe how much I appreciate what you have done and the friendship you have given both to my Mom and I. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Thank you for helping me grow along side Christ... not changing who I was completely.

My Brainerd sister queens, Rebecca, Haley, and Savannah- I'm so proud to call you three my sisters. I have enjoyed getting to know you three, and I look forward to this upcoming year. I think it's fair to say that Brainerd is an unstoppable force in the pageant world these days :)

The Swiggum family- You are seriously my second family! You all know how to make me laugh and have been a huge support system. Thank you for everything.

Deb and Molly West- Thank you two for being such great friends! I have greatly enjoyed getting to know you and spending time with you. We've had some good laughs :) I'm so proud of you Molly for how far you've come!

Jess- Thanks for all of those way-to-early-in-the-morning workouts and booty camp :) I hope you are having fun in Cambodia and I can't wait for you to come back!

Paige and Alice- I want to thank you also for being such awesome friends. I know I can always count on you, Paige, when I need a pick-me-up. You're never more than I phone call away even though we live about 5 hours away from each other.

Pat McCleary- You are a miracle worker. I have no idea how you can get a size 14 gown down to a size 8 or 6 but you always manage to make me look and feel like a princess.

The girls at GLITZ! in the Mall of America- I always enjoy coming in and trying on dresses there :) I don't think I've ever NOT bought a competition gown from there.. I'm always so drawn to the fun and lively atmosphere! Thank you for helping me look my best.

Lauren and Shelly- You two have also been such great pageant friends! And pretty awesome car buddies :) Lauren, I'm excited for you to compete again!

My other pageant sisters that I have grown close with- I honestly tried making a list of the girls that I have met through pageants and have formed a relationship with, but the list got wayyyyy to long! Haha! I wish I could name all of you girls that have supported me and cheered me on but thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Kelli- Thank you for being such an awesome photographer and for taking my headshots the past 2 years! You are amazing, and I love your sense of humor :)

My best friend, Mari- We've certainly had our ups and downs, but at the end of the day you're still my best friend. Thank you for supporting me and for putting up with me :) I have a crazy busy schedule but we always seem to find time to hang out every once in a while. Thank you for being you!

Dylan- You are so incredibly supportive. Thank you for being one of the best pageant boyfriends out there! I love the fact that even when I'm stressed out or angry at something you can make me smile and feel better. I know that I can always count on you, no matter the circumstance. You walked into my life at the perfect time and I love you for that.

The Alzheimer's Association- I couldn't have gotten my platform growing without the help of the lovely women who work here. Thank you for being friends to my Mom and I and for giving us the resources we need to continue this long journey with Alzheimer's disease.

My family- Thanks for always trying your very best to be at my pageants. I appreciate all the miles you have put on your car following me around :)

And finally- Thanks to all of you that finally made it to the end of this :) Just by taking time to read this, you are supporting me and I so enjoy that!

I will be trying to blog as much as possible these next few days as I enter "pageant week". Hope you all enjoy your weekend and if you are able please come to the pageant! March 31st, 7pm, at Eden Prairie High School. Tickets are online at http://www.missminnesota.org/ or at the door.

Thanks for letting me represent Brainerd!

Yours truly,
Bailey Wachholz
Miss Brainerd Lakes Outstanding Teen 2012
Cheesin' it up for the camera.. Here's to hoping you have a good day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I couldn't make it to your gown showing but I will be there for the real deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a special young lady!! Wishing you the best of luck this next weekend on your quest Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen!! Hugs and love to you!! Bart and Carla

    ReplyDelete